ATD’s Employee Learning Week (ELW) is an opportunity for companies to demonstrate their commitment to talent development. As your local chapter we are offering a series of webinars to support your learning efforts. We’ve partnered with some of the best in their field to share their areas of expertise.
Tuesday Morning Topic
Managers Can’t Be Coaches Without Practicing Conversations
By adopting a coaching mentality and approach, managers can help members of their team realize their potential. To get there, Trainers need to implement new strategies to support this journey. AI-based solutions for practicing coaching conversations can help bridge the gap between just learning and gaining true and actionable experience.
Why should managers devote time and effort to coaching their team?
Research shows that coaching leads to better engagement, higher productivity and enhanced customer service. It also helps an employee improve performance, overcome challenges, reach goals and build self-confidence.
Shifting towards a coaching approach clearly requires the development of strong conversational skills, which can’t be simply learned in class:
- Collaborating instead of controlling
- Delegating more responsibility
- Talking less, listening more
- Giving fewer orders, asking more questions
- Giving specific feedback instead of making judgments
In this webinar, you'll learn about:
- Why it is so important to work on practicing leadership conversations instead of just learning
- What we have learned about their conversational skills from interviewing over a thousand managers
- What types of conversations really make the difference when it comes to coaching employees
- How you can integrate efficient practice-based training into your next leadership program
Andrea Laus, CEO, SkillGym
Andrea has 20 years experience in the industry of digital learning. For the past 10 years he has designed and developed interactive simulations featuring video and AI to bring immersive, authentic digital experiences to leadership coaches worldwide. firstname.lastname@example.org
Matteo Malatesta, Head of Business Design, SkillGym
Matteo heads business design at Lifelike. He supports the product design teams, bringing the voices of stakeholders to the discussion thanks to his international experience in the learning and development industry and his human-centered approach. email@example.com
7:00 am – 8:00 am: Program
8:00 am – 8:30 am: Ask the Expert
All times are Central Standard Time.
Webinar link will be emailed when you register.
Learn More about SkillGym
Note: By registering for this event, you are submitting your information to LifeGym by Lifelike Interactive who will use it to communicate with you regarding this event and other services.