The ATD Code of Ethics provides guidance to members to be self-managed human resource development professionals. Clients and employers should expect from ATD members the highest possible standards of personal integrity, professional competence, sound judgment and discretion. Developed by the professional for the profession, the ATD Code of Ethics is the Society’s public declaration of its members’ obligation to themselves, their profession and the society.
As members of ATD, we strive to:
- Recognize the rights and dignities of each individual.
- Develop human potential.
- Provide my employer, clients, and learners with the highest level quality education, training, and development.
- Comply with all copyright laws and the laws and regulations governing my position.
- Keep informed of pertinent knowledge and competence in the workplace learning and performance field.
- Maintain confidentiality and integrity in the practice of my profession.
- Support my peers and to avoid conduct which impedes them practicing their profession.
- Conduct myself in an ethical and honest manner.
- Improve the public understanding of workplace learning and performance.
- Fairly and accurately represent my workplace learning and performance credentials, qualifications, experience, and ability.
- Contribute to the continuing growth of the profession.
Membership in ATDChi carries with it a responsibility to be aware of the importance of ethical conduct.
As members of ATDChi, we shall: