Scrap Learning, the gap between training that is delivered and what is actually applied back on the job, is a critical issue for organizations – and for you! It not only wastes scarce organizational resources, it threatens your professional credibility.
In this in-depth, highly interactive workshop you will:
- Discover the impact scrap learning has on wasted organization resources and lost credibility with business executive stakeholders.
- Examine the 3-phase, 9-step Predictive Learning Analytics™ methodology and the 6 benefits of using Predictive Learning Analytics (PLA).
- Analyze how PLA can be used to identify participants who are most likely, at risk, and least likely to apply what they learned in a training program back on the job.
- Examine how PLA can be used to identify managers who do a good and poor job of supporting learning
- Analyze how to calculate the amount of scrap learning associated with a training program and how to identify and prioritize the obstacles preventing learners from applying what they learned
- Discover how to validate the accuracy of your PLA algorithm using Level 2 and Level 3 evaluation data.
- Examine various data charts you can use to report your PLA results and gain increased credibility with business executive stakeholders.
• 7:30 AM - 8:30 AM: Registration, Light Continental Breakfast, Networking
• 8:30 AM - 12:00 PM: Program
• 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM: Lunch
• 1:00 PM – 5:00 PM: Program
Registration is open.
||Early Bird - On or Before October 1st
||October 2nd and beyond
| Board Member & Special Guest
Free parking on campus:
5700 College Road
Lisle, IL 60532
Ken Phillips, CPLP, is the creator and chief architect of the Predictive Learning Analytics™ (PLA) learning evaluation methodology. He has more than 30-years of experience designing learning instruments and assessments and has authored more than a dozen published learning instruments. Ken also regularly speaks to Association for Talent Development (ATD) groups, university classes and corporate L&D groups. Since 2008, he has spoken at the ATD International Conference on topics related to measurement and evaluation of learning. In addition, since 2013 Ken has spoken at Training magazine’s annual conference and expo on topics related to measurement and evaluation.
Prior to pursuing a Ph.D. in the combined fields of organization behavior and educational administration at Northwestern University, Ken held management positions with two colleges and two national corporations. In addition, he has written articles that have appeared in td magazine, Training Today and HR.com, and is a contributing author to five books in the L&D field.
Ken earned the Certified Professional in Learning and Performance (CPLP) credential from ATD in 2006 as a pilot pioneer and was recertified in 2009, 2012, 2015 and again in 2018.
You can sponsor this event! Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
All event registration fee refund requests must be submitted in writing to email@example.com prior to any event. Requests must be submitted at least three (3) business days prior to the event to receive a full refund. No refund will be provided for cancellations received within three (3) business days or for event attendee no-shows.