It’s hard to make connections right now. COVID19 has become but one of many jarring elements in our daily lives. But we can’t wait. We need each other more than ever. It’s time to build your Personal Trust Network.
Our host, Matt Elwell of MattElwell.com, will be leading a 90-minute, highly interactive Zoom session. Unlike traditional networking, this event focuses on people getting to know each other as people, while still connecting around business needs. Participants will get the chance to share current experiences, talk about what’s working, and determine potential for future conversations with each other.
Mix of presentation, large group & small group interactive discussions. Informal Zoom atmosphere; please bring your own coffee/tea/snacks. We will ask that all participants keep their camera on during the entire program, to promote good involvement and interaction.
This is a free event for members and non-members. We encourage you to bring a friend too!
- To register, please use this link: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZYqcuiuqzMpH90UXkOoqPAVOKXmeusM5d9r
- Register by August 18 at noon with your name as it appears on your Zoom ID.
- The first 40 registrants will be approved. We hope you will only sign up if there is a high probably of attending. If your plans do change, please cancel using the link provided in your confirmation email. Email Matt@MattElwell.com if you have any trouble.
- Additional responses beyond 40 will be put on a waiting list, in order to keep the total number of participants to a better involvement level in a Zoom environment. You will be notified if spots open up.
- Just prior to August 20, you will receive a reminder from Matt Elwell. For more information or to connect with Matt prior to the event, send email to Matt@MattElwell.com.
- If you are new to Zoom or have any technical issues, you will find some answers to some frequently asked questions at: https://www.mattelwell.com/zoomhelp
As a keynote speaker, creative director, instructional designer and facilitator, Matt Elwell has spent the last 15 years using improvisation to improve organizational performance and culture. His learning and creative solutions as a Certified Professional in Talent Development span large-scale corporate meetings, multi-city tours, and intensive small-group sessions. Past clients include AECOM, AT&T, McDonalds, Astellas Pharma U.S., SRR, the Chicagoland Chamber of Commerce, University of Illinois in Chicago (UIC), the Association for Talent Development (ATD), the Chicago Chapter of the National Customer Service Association (NCSA) and the U.S. Navy.