WLPI Sessions & LEarning Objectives
Session 1: Training and Development Profession
- Explain the WLPI program goals, the project and the mentoring process used throughout the program resulting in a clear understanding of the program purpose and process.
- Describe all elements of the 2013 Competency Model.
- Identify the role of the Training and Development professional and broader roles within WLP including performance consulting.
- Complete a personal assessment of the WLP areas of interest and experience that result in a general direction of your career path and professional development.
- Explain nine trends shaping the Training and Development profession and the impact those trends have on career development.
- Recognize the most common adult learning principles, resulting in a greater understanding around the importance of knowing the audience and their specific learning needs and styles.
- Interpret your individual Kolb Learning Style Inventory in order to apply these concepts and information when designing and delivering training.
Session 2: Human Performance Improvement
- Define performance and performance improvement.
- Identify the differences between a trainer and an HPI consultant.
- Identify the major steps involved in the Performance Improvement Process.
- Define analysis and explain why analysis is critical to the HPI process.
- Identify three different types of interventions and when each would be appropriate.
- Apply the principles presented throughout the module to real-life business situations.
Session 3: Instructional Design
- Identify the correct phase of the ADDIE model with 80% accuracy, given a brief description of a phase or activity of ADDIE.
- List 5 major adult learning principles with 80% accuracy.
- Identify the criteria, condition, behavior, and action-verb, given a series of objectives or components of an objective.
- Develop an objective containing a condition, behavior and criteria, given a basic task.
- Identify the strategy that optimizes the objective, given an objective and a choice of instructional strategies.
- Identify the appropriate level of evaluation to achieve the desired result, given a business need and overall learning objective (mini-scenario).
- As part of a small group, identify a topic and develop a conceptual design outlining at least one objective and at least one instructional strategy to be used that addresses at least one adult learning principle (using the template provided); small groups will present their mini-module.
Session 4: Blended Learning and Materials Development
- Define the following learning methods: e-learning, learning technologies, blended learning and experiential learning.
- Define the five basic learning styles.
- Create a blended learning experience.
- Understand the important differences between developing an instructor-led classroom based training vs. an e-learning training.
Session 5: Training Delivery
- Describe success factors for delivery methods available to the trainer
- Identify three factors which contribute to setting an effective tone and environment for learning
- Demonstrate effective body language for presenting information
- Identify four principles of facilitation
- Explain three facilitation skills required to maintain an effective learning climate
- Give examples of four ways a facilitator listens and adapts to group dynamics to maintain a positive learning environment
- Demonstrate an effective correct technique for handling difficult participant behaviors by responding in role-play
- Select among and prioritize a variety of techniques to encourage participation in the classroom and via distance learning
Session 6: Evaluating Learning Impact
- Choose from the principal theories and types of measurement and evaluation for your projects.
- Use basic statistical theory and methods to conduct measurements, or to understand evaluations others do for you.
- Apply key research design methods in your work.
- Become competent in a number of analysis methods.
- Interpret and report the data from your measurement or evaluation to key stakeholders
Session 7: Final Project and Certificate
- Complete a project that provides practical application of the concepts covered in previous session modules.
- Write a report that summarizes learnings from the project and their relationship to topics covered in the Institute. The report must be approved by their Project Coaches.
- Deliver a 10 minute presentation and receive feedback.
- Complete the requirements to achieve a WLPI certificate of completion.